Pre-Nursing II – Oncourse Page
The PCII program prepares individuals for a variety of job opportunities in the health occupations area.
THIS COURSE WILL PROVIDE
- Graduates may find employment in long-term care facilities, hospitals, laboratories, and clinics where basic bedside nursing skills are required, as well as the skills of phlebotomy, and performing electrocardiograms (EKG).
- The program consist of classroom/lab instruction and supervised/ preceptor clinical activities.
- Students successfully participating in this competency-based program take certification exams in Phlebotomy, Nursing Assistant, Electrocardiogram (EKG) Technician, and/or Patient Care Technician.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE CHOOSING THIS COURSE:
PROFESSIONALISM FOR HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are there any prerequisites for this class?
Yes. You must have completed the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Program.
How many high school credits can I receive by taking this class?
You can earn 3 high school credits.
How many college credits can I earn by taking this class?
Students who complete the course could receive a Certificate of Technical Studies for 14 hours of college credit. Those students will also earn a Technical Competency Area (TCA) in Phlebotomy and EKG.
What Certification exams are offered?
Students will be prepared and have the opportunity to test for National Certification as a Registered Phlebotomy Technician through NAHP as well testing for Registered EKG Technician through the NAHP.
What job opportunities are available once completing this course?
Students who complete this course may go directly to work in entry level positions in long-term care facilities, hospitals, laboratories, and clinics as a:
- Patient Care Technician
- EKG Technician
Where could I attend to finish this program?
Students who complete this course may continue their education in the Louisiana Technical College System or a Community College offering Patient Care Technician or a similar program. Alternatively, this course is a great foundation for pursing other health occupations such as Laboratory Assistant, Medical Technician, Medical Technologist, Cardiovascular Technician, and Respiratory Therapist.
Course Fee : $55.00
Speak to your school counselor to sign up.
Mrs. Coxe is a graduate of Our Lady of the Lake College of Nursing.
- Computer and more tools available during the courses
- Online course content access
- SMS and Email notification
- Affordable course fee
- Dedicated Course Trainer