Medical Assistant – Oncourse Page
Prepare students for a challenging and rewarding career in Health care Administration.
The program consist of classroom/lab instruction and supervised/ preceptor clinical activities.
THIS COURSE WILL OFFER:
- Basic Body Structure & Function
- Medical Terminology
- Phlebotomy, Venipuncture, and Vaccination Skills
- Administrative Skills
- Clinical Skills
- Basic Insurance Coding and Billing
- Medical Assistant Internship
- Career Planning and Job Building Skills
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How many high school credits can I receive by taking this class?
You can earn 3 high school credits.
How many college credits can I earn by taking this class?
You could receive up to 19 hours of college credit per year.
What Certification exams are offered?
Students will be prepared and have the opportunity to take the Intuit Quickbooks Certified User Certification.
What job opportunities are available once completing this course?
Students who complete this course may go directly to work in entry level positions as a:
- Medical Office Receptionist
- Medical Secretary
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS)
- Medical Assistant
Where could I attend to finish this program?
Students who complete this course may continue their education in the Louisiana Technical College System or a Community College offering Medical Assistant or a similar program. Alternatively, this course is a great introduction to any Business or Health care Information degree at a 4 year college.
Course Fee : $50.00
Speak to your school counselor to sign up.
Mrs. Coxe is a graduate of Our Lady of the Lake College of Nursing.
- Laptop and more tools available during the courses
- Online course content access
- SMS and Email notification
- Affordable course fee
- Dedicated Course Trainer